One year ago, the Rams held the honor of receiving the “Mr. Irrelevant” pick (the final pick in the draft). While several had already turned off their television sets or found better things to do, the Rams selected David Vobora, a linebacker out of the University of Idaho.
Vobora enjoyed early success with the injury plagued Rams and even became the first Mr. Irrelevant to start during his rookie season since Marty Moore. However this year, Vobora is poised to have an even more eventful season. Today, coach Steve Spagnuolo names Vobora the starter at SLB.
Now onto other news (sorry for the sudden change, but we have a few things to cover)
- The Rams released LB Chris Draft and brought LB Quinton Culberson back to replace him on the roster. Draft was the planned starter this season, but Vobora was able to beat him out for the spot.
- The Rams have named their captains for the week: RB Steven Jackson, S Oshiomogho Atogwe, and K Josh Brown
- Not going to be able to catch the game Sunday? I will be keeping a very up to date following of the Rams vs. Seahawks game via twitter. If you wish to recieve game updates subscribe to Ramblin’ Fan’s twitter here: http://twitter.com/RamblinFan
- Also, I will be on Ramblinfan.com for a large portion of the day sunday to discuss football with all of you. I think it would be great if we could get a pretty big conversation going. Trust me, I am a normal Rams fan just like all of you, I will get angry when things go bad and I’ll be far too enthusiastic when things go well. So feel free to drop by for a fun conversation.
- Soon Ramblin’ Fan will be having a contest, with the prize being a St. Louis Rams flag. Check back tomorrow for details.
That is all for today. Thanks for stopping by and best of luck to all of you containing your excitement about this upcoming season. Remember, first game is tonight. Steelers vs. Titans on NBC.