The St. Louis Rams have been the joke of the NFL for the past five years. This year has finally given Ram fans hope, while looking into the not to distant future. It’s obvious that the Rams defense have really moulded into a destructive unit with the recent signings of Chris Long and James Laurinaitis, allowing each player to reach their peaks at the Rams. Cortland Finnegan will still be up to his old ways, in being a manipulative pest that gets under opposing team’s skin. Right now, the Rams have a good ratio between youth and experience on defense, this will allow the younger players to develop healthy and not be thrown into the deep end.
Over the next two years, the Rams will focus on drafting and trading players that will allow Sam Bradford to blossom. There are times when the defense look like scoring more often than the offense. This will never take a team to a Superbowl. Look for the Rams to invest heavily on offense for the next couple of years.
It may be hard to see right now, but the Rams will be a team that will run deep into the playoffs within the next few years. This will be the team that will take Rams to the championship.
2014 St. Louis Rams Starting Offense
• Quarterback- Sam Bradford
He will still be playing for St. Louis Rams. Once he gets his weapons, Bradford and his offense will be an exciting team to watch once again.
• Running Back- Daryl Richardson
• Full Back- 2013 middle round pick
• Wide Receiver- Chris Givens/2013 first round pick
Looks to be the only young wideout as a part of the Ram’s future (Danny Amendola will remain on the team in the slot position).
• Tight End- 2014 second round pick
Tight End will be a position that will be looked in the near future.
• Offensive Tackle- LT 2014 first round pick/ RT Roger Saffold
• Offensive Guard- Robert Turner/ 2013 second round pick
• Centre- Scott Wells
**Offensive Line is an obvious position that will see a lot of new faces within the next couple years.
2014 St. Louis Rams Starting Defense
• Defensive End – Chris Long/Robert Quinn
If Rams are able to keep the pass rushers they have now, they will be the best pass rushing team in the NFL.
• Defensive Tackle- Michael Brockers/Kendall Langford
Michael Brockers showed what he brings to the table against the Green Bay Packers. Expect him to be a recking force in the future.
• Middle Linebacker- James Laurinaitis
• Outside Linebacker- 2013 first round pick/ Jo-Lonn Dunbar
• Cornerbacks- Cortland Finnegan/ Janoris Jenkins
• Strong Safety- Trumaine Johnson
Trumaine Johnson has to much talent to be sitting on the bench. Expect him to blossom into a great safety.
• Free Safety- 2014 first round pick
2014 St. Louis Rams Special Teams
• Kicker- Greg Zuerlein
• Punter- Johnny Hekker
**It’s safe to say none of these young players will leave. These two players will be future Pro-bowlers.
Topics: St. Louis Rams