It is a little bit frustrating knowing that this is the Ram’s last game for the season. Most Ram fans aren’t ready to start thinking about next season, because the team’s efforts this year were deserving enough to be in the playoffs. This game doesn’t really determine much in terms of controlling the fate of the Seattle Seahawks for the playoffs. If the Hawks win, they are in the playoffs with the rare chance of snatching the home field advantage. The Rams players owe it to themselves to finish the season with a winning record, and who doesn’t love sticking it to the Seahawks? This is what the Rams have to do if they are to finish the season strong.
- Every time the Rams get a win, they get a turnover. Turnovers win games. The Rams haven’t won a game without a turnover, but then again not too many teams do. The Rams got four turnovers against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and looked what happened. The defense gave up 429 yards as opposed to Rams only gaining 285 yards, but still managed to seal up a reasonably easy win, simply due to the defensive turnovers.
- This is a must every week – the offensive line must protect Sam Bradford. We all know Bradford can be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL, if only he can get enough time to get rid of the ball. The Seattle Seahawks defense play with a lot of attitude. They can be very physical and really stick it to a lot of offenses. It wouldn’t be a pretty sight seeing Bradford picking himself up off the ground for the majority of the game.
- Ruin the Seahawks day. Nothing sticks in Ram fans minds more, than the time the Seattle Seahawks stopped the Rams from making the playoffs in the 2010 season. If Rams can pull off this hard match, this will ruin the momentum for the Seahawks going into the playoffs.
- Don’t allow the fact that the Rams can’t make the playoffs, dampin the intensity that’s required to win a football game. The Rams have had too good of a season to drop below the .500 winning record. It will be a tough challenge going up against a team who hasn’t lost at home this season, but that will only make the victory more sweet as the Rams would go undefeated in the now highly rated NFC West.
- The Rams are the equal first most penalized team in the NFL, with 116 total penalties. Rams must be more polished on both offense and defense, if they ever want to see themselves in the playoffs. Penalties will more likely be given at Seattle due to the noise that the 12th man can produce. This can ruin the timing and communication for both defense and offense. Penalties have cost the Rams at least two times this season so far and hopefully, it won’t cost them a third.
- Don’t be one-dimensional. The Rams don’t have the offensive weapons to get away with obvious and consistant passing downs and the Seahawks defense won’t allow Rams to give up too many big plays on the run or in the pass. This means the Rams can’t find themselves playing 3rd and long, otherwise the well drilled Seahawks defense will dominate for the majority of the game.
Follow @davebarber92 for more updates.