Although teams were not allowed to sign other players there was still a lot of action going on as to which teams were interested in who. By the time the actual free agency period begins on Monday at 4PM ET, things will certainly become chaotic and players will drop off the board like flies. Here is a recap of what happened Saturday that could effect the Rams.
- Rams Inquire About Alterraun Verner, Vikings front runners
- Saffold gets inquiries from Dolphins and Cardinals
- CB Sam Shields signs 4 years, $39M, sets market for cornerbacks
- DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- WR Hakeem Nicks sends letters to teams saying he’s healthy
- Dolphins Interested in Safety Louis Delmas
- Broncos showing interest in WR Golden Tate
- 49ers interested in DE Jared Allen
- CB Aqib Talib gathering interest from Redskins
- 49ers, Bears Inquire about Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, Bears are the favorites
- Rams Inquire about safety Jairus Byrd
The big “disappointment” for the Rams yesterday was Sam Shields signing his big contract. With that contract Verner will also want to get a big contract similar to Shields’ if not more. However they did make an inquiry for Jairus Byrd, if its one thing that is certain, its that the Rams want to shore up the weak spot of their defense in the secondary.
Another thing that is quite interesting and something that Rams fans might enjoy a little too much, is that it looks like the Seahawks are going to lose some key players such as defensive end Michael Bennett and wide receiver Golden Tate.
One of the strongest areas of the Seattle defense last year was it’s depth on the defensive line and in pass rushers. The Seahawks have already lost Bryant who was a good anchor on their defensive line, and it looks like they are going to lose Bennett.
The Seahawks also don’t have a lot of weapons on offense and have already cut Sidney Rice, losing Golden Tate would be a tough loss for that limited passing offense.
Although it is only teams reaching out to agents, free agency has been just as exciting as it always is and will surely get even more exciting in the coming days. Stay tuned in to ramblinfan.com throughout the day for the latest updates and follow us on Twitter @ramblinfan. You can also catch all the action following the Fansided tampering window rumor tracker. We’ll see what Les Snead and Jeff Fisher have in store for us Day two.