The second meaning of “homer” is to describe someone who has a close devotion to a sports team (as well as a possible “Drinking the Kool-Aid” problem!)
Hopefully by now everyone has checked out the Fan-Sided Blogs season power rankings prediction for the entire NFL. We would like to point out that among our wonderful group of 32 bloggers there are a few homers that need to be called out, so help me. Please go to their sites and give them a piece of your mind. We will give you our top 5.
- Seattle aka 12th Man Rising - You should win homer of the year award! 12th Man actually has the Seattle Seahwaks ranked #1 at the end of the 2008 season. That’s right he believes they will win the Superbowl this year! Put your hands up and Step away from the Mike Holmgren shrine.
- Tampa Bay aka The Pewter Plank – Tampa Bay a #6? Nobody else at Fan-Sided has you above 12. Most have you in the bottom half of the league. The Bucs will be lucky to finish any higher than 3rd in their own division. Take off the eye patch and get a good look at Jeff Garcia!
- Atlanta Falcons aka Blogging Dirty – 15th? You were a solid #32 among our blogging network. You can have some hopes for the season, but 15th? Your team is flat out awful, you are a couple of convicts or years away from some success.
- Washington Redskins aka Riggos Rag – Riggo has the skins coming in at #10. That is a solid playoff position. It’s 2008 not 1988. You are the 4th place team in your own division, no playoffs for you, sorry.
- Oakland Raiders aka Just Blog Baby – I like your positive vibe but #18 is too high for this squad. You are hoping that McFadden is Adrian Peterson but at the moment he is not. Oh and by the way you have zero QBs on your roster. You will be happy in 2008 if you can be better than the Niners.