The Rams’ defense stumbled out of the gates and the offense could not make up the gap as the Rams lost to the Falcons 20-13.
Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner teamed up to torch the Rams for 147 yards and 2 touchdowns, all coming in the 1st quarter. With that said, lets take a look at the winners and losers of this game.
- OLB Larry Grant: Grant ended up with a terrific stat line. He had 4 tackles, including 1 sack and 1 Forced fumble.
- MLB James Laurinaitis: The rookie established himself as a playmaker, picking off a DJ Shockley pass.
- QB Brock Berlin: Berlin rebounded from an injury with a terrific performance. He went 5/8 for 71 yards and a TD.
- WR Laurent Robinson: Another big game has Robinson leading the pack. If he keeps this up he will be sure to take over Avery’s place for the time being.
- Nearly the entire first team defense: 147 yards in one quarter? Wow, shape up defense.
- RB Samkon Gado: Talk about a turnaround. 12 carries for 5 yards. 4 of those yards came on one carry, meaning in his 11 other attempts he managed to pick up 1 single yard. 1.
- OT Jason Smith: The Rams 2nd Overall pick was embarassed on two consecutive plays during the 2nd quarter. Although the Rams have said they are being patient with the rookie, he must be feeling the pressure of 6 years and $60 mil reigning down upon him.