Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Fans Voices program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.
Last week, we dropped the announcement that Ramblin’ Fan would be taking part in the Verizon Fan Voices program and test driving the new Droid MAXX throughout the football season. No, this will not be some cheesy advertising campaign, where we divulge in some gross hyperbole about a product that we aren’t actually using… *looking at you Wes Welker and the “Depends” adult diaper campaign*. Instead, we’ll give our honest feedback on the design, services, and overall experiences with the phone.
In one fan request from our last post, someone asked which “apps” were a must-have on game day for a St. Louis Rams fan. So, in honor of that request, here are our “Top 5 Essential Apps for NFL GameDay”:
5. FanSided - For up-to-date, regularly refreshed articles from your favorite teams, the FanSided mobile app is a must-have on your phone. Naturally, we would love for you to visit Ramblin’ Fan on your desktop or tablet as well, but the quickest way to get access any customized combination of the 200+ sports sites in the FanSided network is through the app. Personally, we have ours set to the St. Louis Rams, Blues, and Cardinals… oh yea, and the rest of the NFC West and the Houston Texans! How about you?
4. NFL Mobile - Sorry AT&T users, you are truly missing out on one of the genuine Sunday life-savers. It doesn’t matter if you’re stuck in a long line for the bathroom, riding shotgun for a mandatory halftime beer run, or, heaven forbid, your cable drops, you are always within a touch of NFL RedZone. Moreover, you can stream NFL Network anytime during the day, and have assess to all scores, highlights, and even fantasy updates.
3. ESPN Fantasy Football - LIVE FantasyCast might be the third rung on “must have open” totem pole, right after NFL RedZone and the actual Rams’ game. Obviously, you will have to be playing your fantasy football through ESPN for this app to be meaningful, but the interface and live updates are more than worth it. Plus, if St. Louis goes down early, you will certainly need something to cheer you up, right?
2. St. Louis Rams (Official app) - The St. Louis Rams official app is the place for exclusive content, behind-the-scenes interviews with players and coaches, and the only place where you can snag a live feed of a Jeff Fisher press conference. Plus, whoever makes their “infographics” might be a genuis…
1. Twitter (Official app) - TweetBot, Carbon, and HootSuite are all nice, but the official Twitter app gives you everything you truly need. As you are probably aware, we spend about half of our time watching the game on Sunday, and the other half live tweeting our emotions, opinions, and random statistics with the rest of the St. Louis Rams twitter community. NFL RedZone, Fantasy Football, and easy access to top-quality sports information are all important. However, what’s the point of being a fan on Sunday if you can’t share in the experience with other?
Feel free to drop us your Top 5 essential game day apps in the comment sections, or any other suggestions you have for future posts! … and, as always, Go RAMS!
Topics: St. Louis Rams