The Rams may be 4-6, but they are far from out of the playoff race. The Rams have been in every game since Kellen Clemens took over and just blew, out in my opinion, what was the best team in the NFL.
Last week we had an article on why and how the Rams can make the playoffs, and here are the current playoff standings after week 10 and week 11 match ups for each team
1. Seattle Seahawks 9-1- vs Vikings
2. New Orleans Saints 7-2- vs 49ers
3. Detroit Lions 6-3- @Steelers
4. Dallas Cowboys 5-5- BYE
5. Carolina Panthers 6-3- vs Patriots
6. San Francisco 49ers 6-3- @Saints
7. Arizona Cardinals 5-4- @Jaguars
8. Chicago Bears 5-4- vs Ravens
9. Green Bay Packers 5-4- @Giants
10. Philadelphia Eagles 5-5- vs Redskins
11. St. Louis Rams 4-6- BYE
The Rams may not play next week, but there are plenty of games next week that will directly affect the Rams chances of playing in December. The Rams may have dug themselves to big of a hole to climb out of.
The games that will have a direct effect of the Rams chances and games that should be watched are:
1. SF @ NO- The Saints need to win this one for the Rams, the 49ers could continue to spiral downward with a tough three games upcoming against the Redskins, Seahawks, and Rams.
2. NE @ CAR- The Panthers looked hot against the 49ers, but if the Patriots beat the Panthers it certainly wouldn’t hurt the Rams.
3. GB @ NYG- The Packers are without Aaron Rogers and the more games they lose without him the better for the Rams.
4. BAL @ CHI- The Bears could be without Jay Cutler and the Rams will need the Bears to lose against the Ravens before the Rams can take them out next week.
5. DET @ PIT- Im not much of a Steelers fan, but the more teams that lose ahead of the Rams the better. It is still unclear who will win the NFC North, and all of those team except the Vikings are in the wild card race.
Making the playoffs will be difficult and they are going to need a lot of help and a lot of luck, but if the Rams do their job and continue to win, sometimes things have a way of working out.