Aug 15, 2014; Foxborough, MA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles quarterbackMark Sanchez
(3) looks to pass the ball against the New England Patriots in the first half during the preseason game at Gillette Stadium. The New England Patriots defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 42-35. Mandatory Credit: David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
2. Trade or sign a replacement
As mentioned earlier, there isn’t a magical box that the Rams can go to and pull out a viable option at quarterback, most likely the best option that they have is already on their roster. However, if the Rams are willing to pull the trigger there are some possible options out there.
Some options would obviously be to obviously trade for Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Michael Vick, or Mark Sanchez. Cousins and Mallet are young players who the Rams could use t backup Hill or even use them moving forward. With Schottenheimer, the Rams have a direct connection to Mark Sanchez who has had a really good camp and preseason with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Although Sanchez is the most likely trade option for the Rams, it has been reported that Sanchez has no interest in a reunion with his former offensive coordinator.
More from Rams News
- Championship Sunday shows me Rams need secondary help
- Can the LA Rams count on 17 games from QB Matthew Stafford?
- NFL salary cap skyrockets, but will it help LA Rams this offseason?
- With 49ers potential DC opening, did Fangio just balk at Miami hire?
- LA Rams rival: Will the real 49ers QB please stand up
The Rams could also look to sign a quarterback that gets released when cuts are made. Guys like Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman, or Tim Tebow would be some options that are out on the market. Like I’ve said however, the best option that they have is most likely already on the roster.