3. Travis Swanson
Would the Rams be better off releasing John Sullivan in the next couple of weeks? While the center has done an amazing job for the offensive line over the last two seasons, there were some concerns surrounding Sullivan at times throughout the 2018 campaign.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- Can the LA Rams count on 17 games from QB Matthew Stafford?
- NFL salary cap skyrockets, but will it help LA Rams this offseason?
- With 49ers potential DC opening, did Fangio just balk at Miami hire?
- After interviewing 3 Rams coaches, Chargers hire ex-Cowboys OC
- LA Rams rival: Will the real 49ers QB please stand up
If Los Angeles did decide to move on, there will be numerous replacements to take into consideration at the center position, one of which could be Travis Swanson.
After spending the first couple of seasons as a member of the Detroit Lions, the original plan for Swanson last year was to be part of the New York Jets before a release led to him joining the Miami Dolphins.
Starting 11 of 12 games for the Dolphins last season shows Swanson did a pretty solid job overall, but what kind of interest he will draw in free agency, but the good news for the Rams is this could be one of those discounted players to provide a little extra depth.
Even if some will make the case that Swanson only started as many games as he did due to Daniel Kilgore’s injury, just proving he was able to fill in when needed shows what the center could bring to the table if given the opportunity in Los Angeles.