Littleton will set NFL Free angency market for linebacker
LA Rams ILB Cory Littleton was already one of the premier NFL free agents in 2020. With this news, his value just skyrocketed. It’s simple folks: the economics law of supply and demand. There is one fewer quality inside linebacker playing in the NFL. And there is one more team in need of a quality inside linebacker in the NFL.
More from Rams Free Agency
- What if…? This LA Rams IOL shockingly opts for free agency?
- LA Rams should add ‘pass-rush specialist’ in free agency
- Should the LA Rams revisit bringing Odell Beckham Jr. back?
- Why the Los Angeles Rams should extend Baker Mayfield
- Baker Mayfield faces stiff QB competition in NFL Free Agency market
That all spell trouble for the LA Rams’ hopes of re-signing Cory Littleton this offseason. Before the news, the Rams were already going to be pushing the salary cap envelope to find enough coin to keep Littleton in a Rams jersey. Now, the market may be overpriced.
Per OvertheCap.com, the Carolina Panthers have approximately $26 million to spend in 2020. That is nearly $5 million more than the projected cap space of the LA Rams in 2020 at $21 million. Kuechley’s retirement adds about $7.2 million to the Panthers cap space. If they target Littleton, the Rams will surely lose that bidding war.