Rams select Josh Jones, T Houston
Josh Jones is a big strong left tackle. He stands 6-feet-7 weighing 310 pounds. Jones played very well at the Senior Bowl.
He was voted, by the players, as the North teams offensive linemen practice player of the week. Not only did he impress his peers but has caught the attention of most NFL teams. He would be a great addition to the Rams offensive line.
More from Rams Draft
- 4 needs that Rams must address in 2023 NFL Draft
- LA Rams projected to be awarded 4 comp picks in 2023 NFL Draft
- 4 reasons why LA Rams trading back in 2023 NFL Draft seems likely
- Latest PFF mock draft exhausts rookie QBs before LA Rams pick
- LA Rams last game carries huge impact on their 2023 NFL Draft
As the Rams second round pick, Jones would sign a four year deal valued at $6,113,290. There is a fifth year option within rookie contracts. Either the team could extend his contract or let him walk into free agency but can exercise the franchise tag to keep him until an agreement on the new contract is reached.
Expect Bobby Evans to move to left tackle if Andrew Whitworth plays elsewhere in 2020. Jones would be able to play swing tackle in certain situations. It’s possible that Evans moves to left guard next to Jones at tackle.
Jones is a very good prospect for the Rams to consider. In fact, there is great depth of tackles in this draft. Let’s hope that this first round talent gets pushed down into the Rams spot at #52.
The Rams third round pick is …