The LA Rams are heading to face the Green Bay Packers on the road at Lambeau Field once more. How is it that the Rams always seem to play AT Green Bay, Wisconsin every year, despite the fact that the Packers are not in the NFC Western Division? Just one of the unsolvable mysteries of life. Or, perhaps it is simply a mystery of NFL schedulers trying to place a fair weather team like the Rams into the path of a cold arctic blast or even snowy conditions?
Despite November 2023, the weather forecast has been unseasonably warm for Green Bay, Wisconsin on Sunday, November 5, 2023. So the Rams and Packers will play football in Los Angeles-like conditions.
Still, it's the Packers, a team that has had almost as much success against the Rams as the San Francisco 49ers in recent years. And that means that it's time to get a Green Bay Packers perspective from our Packers expert, Dairyland Express aficionado and contributor, Paul Bretl.
Paul Bretl has graciously agreed to answer some of our questions about the struggles and puzzles about a 2-5 Green Bay Packers team. While the Packers are worst off than the Rams at the moment, if they win in Week 9, the will match the Rams in terms of a 3-5 record, and actually have a tie-breaker if both the Rams and Packers are in position to compete in post-season.
Conversely, the loser of this game will be firmly entrenched in the Top-10 of the upcoming 2024 NFL Draft. While that is not enough of an incentive to outright lose, or for fans to cheer for an unfavorable outcome, it isn't a bad consolation prize for two proud and excellent NFL franchises to face in a season when the NFL Playoffs feel out of the question for either team.
Okay, let's get to these questions, and the intel from Paul Bretl about the Green Bay Packers:
DE Paul Bretl answers Ramblin Fan questions for Week 9
- I: Rumors are starting over the Packers' disappointment with QB Jordan Love in favor of rookie QB Sean Clifford. What has led to these rumors, and what is the likely outcome?
- II: The Packers opted to sell at the 2023 NFL Trade Deadline. trading DB Rasul Douglas to the Buffalo Bills. Is this a mild indication of surrender for the 2023 NFL season? Did the Packers get FMV for Douglas in the trade?
- III: The Green Bay Packers are 2-5. What area has been the team's biggest disappointment? It's most pleasant surprise?
- IV: Do the Packers still have a path to the NFL Playoffs? What does that look like?
- V: The LA Rams do not exactly have a great track record against the Packers in recent years. How can the struggling Packers continue that streak? Is there any sentiment among fans to lose the game and preserve a quite favorable position in the 2024 NFL Draft?
- Bonus: Game prediction