The Los Angeles Rams have been a pleasant surprise through the first four weeks and are sitting with a respectable 2-2 record ahead of their Week 5 game against the defending NFC champions, the Philadelphia Eagles.
Rams fans shouldn't count this one as a loss quite yet. In fact, I actually have the Rams locked in as my upset of the week.
I'll break down why later in the article, but if you're going to tail me on this pick you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will receive $200 in bonus bets and sweat-free same-game parlay when they place their first $5 wager! Just click the link below to take advantage of this unbelievable offer.
Eagles vs. Rams odds, spread, and total for NFL Week 5
Eagles vs. Rams betting trends
- The OVER is 4-1 in the Eagles' last five games
- Eagles are 6-1 against the spread in their last seven games vs. Rams
- Eagles are 9-1 straight up in their last 10 road games
- Rams are 4-0-1 ATS in their last five games
- Rams are 5-1 straight up in their last six games vs. NFC East opponents
Eagles vs. Rams injury reports
Philadelphia Eagles injury report
- Britain Covey - WR - Questionable
- Cam Jurgens - C- Doubtful
- Sydney Brown - S - Questionable
- Justin Evans - S - Questionable
- Quez Watkins - WR - Questionable
Los Angeles Rams injury report
- Matthew Stafford - QB - Questionable
- Kyren Williams - RB - Questionable
- Tyler Higbee - TE - Questionable
- Alaric Jackson - OT - Questionable
- Cooper Kupp - WR - Injured Reserve
Eagles vs. Rams how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 8
- Game Time: 4:05 p.m. EST
- Venue: SoFi Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Philadelphia Eagles Record: 4-0
- Los Angeles Rams Record: 2-2
Eagles vs. Rams key players to watch
D'Andre Swift: The weakness of this Rams team is their inability to stop the run. Heading into this week, the Rams are allowing 4.4 yards per carry, which ranks 24th in the NFL. Meanwhile, D'Andre Swift is averaging a blistering 6.2 yards per carry on the year. He's their best chance to give the Eagles the offensive edge against the Rams.
Los Angeles Rams
Puka Nacua: Cooper Kupp may return to the Rams lineup this week, which is going to make watching Puka Nacua fascinating to watch. Will he be able to keep up his level of production with Kupp back in the lineup? He's currently on pace to smash virtually every receiving record that exists.
Eagles vs. Rams prediction and pick
As I mentioned above, the Rams are my favorite upset pick of the week. Despite sporting an undefeated record at 4-0, the Eagles have shown some weakness so far this season. Ahead of their game against the Rams, they rank just 10th in net yards per play (+0.4) and 10th in EPA/Play. The Rams rank eighth in each of those two categories.
The big question is whether or not the Rams defense is going to be able to match the play of the Eagles defense. Los Angeles may also run into issues trying to stop the potent rush attack of the Eagles.
The Rams do have one defensive advantage that's worth noting. Through the first four weeks, they rank second in the NFL in opponent third down conversion rate. Teams are converting just 26.67% of third down chances against them.
If the Rams can get the Eagles offense off the field, that's going to be a huge difference maker in this game. I think Los Angeles is more than worth a bet for it to pull off the upset.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!