Los Angeles Rams star quarterback Matthew Stafford played through a hip injury in Week 4 against the Indianapolis Colts to lead the Rams to an overtime win.
Despite the injury, Rams head coach Sean McVay believes Stafford will be good to go in Week 5 against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Here’s the latest on the quarterback’s status:
Matthew Stafford injury status for Week 5 against the Philadelphia Eagles
It appears that Stafford will be good to go for Week 5 against the Eagles. He may receive a questionable tag, but McVay seems confident the veteran will be able to play.
UPDATE, Sunday Morning: Stafford is not on the injury report and expected to play.
Best bet for Los Angeles Rams in Week 5 if Matthew Stafford plays
Los Angeles Rams moneyline
Don’t just take this from me, because BetSided NFL analyst Iain MacMillan has the Rams upsetting the Eagles in Week 5.
Here’s what he had to say in his Road to 272 bets – where he picks every game for the 2023 season.
“This is my upset pick of the week. I think the Los Angeles Rams are a great bet to hand the defending NFC champions their first loss of the season. Despite being 4-0, the Eagles haven't looked like the same team they were last year.
“The Eagles are 10th in net yards per play (+0.4), 10th in EPA/play on offense, and 18th in EPA/play on defense. They aren't a bad team by any means, but they're a lot more susceptible to loss than they were last season.
“The Rams, by comparison, rank eighth, eighth, and 20th in the above mentioned stats. Yes, their defense has a red flag for this squad, but one positive about that unit is they're second in the NFL in opponent third down conversion. Teams are converting third downs into first downs just 26.67% of the time. Being able to get off the field on third down can help a defense overcome a lot of shortcomings in other areas.
“With this being a home game for the Rams, I think they're live to win this one outright and pull off the upset.”
FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for Rams fans and new users in Week 5!
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets!
Matthew Stafford injury history
You may not find a lengthier injury history than Stafford’s, but he usually guts out a lot of his ailments to play.
- Oct. 2009: Knee Patella Dislocation – missed two games
- Nov. 2009: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed four games
- Dec. 2009: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed four games
- Sept. 2010: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed five games
- Nov. 2010: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – reinjured, underwent surgery in offseason
- Oct. 2011: Hand Finger Fracture – played through injury
- Dec. 2016: Hand Finger Dislocation – didn’t miss time
- Nov. 2019: Back Tailbone Fracture – ended his season
- Nov. 2020: Hand Thumb Torn Ligament – played through injury
- Dec. 2020: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – did not miss time
- March 2022: Arm Elbow Infection
- Aug. 2022: Arm Elbow Sprain – returned for Week 1
- Nov. 2022: Concussion
When is Matthew Stafford coming back?
According to McVay, Stafford is on track to play against the Eagles, although the team will be “smart” with him this week.
Los Angeles Rams next 5 opponents
- Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, Oct. 15
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Dallas Cowboys, Sunday, Oct. 29
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, Nov. 19
Los Angeles Rams injury report
- The Rams have not released an injury report yet this week.
Philadelphia Eagles injury report
- The Eagles have not released an injury report yet this week.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.