The Los Angeles Rams will likely be without starting quarterback Matthew Stafford in Week 9 against the Green Bay Packers.
Stafford suffered an injury to his right thumb in the team’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys last week, and it cost him most of the second half.
If Stafford – who didn’t practice all week – can’t go, Brett Rypien would get the start for the Rams.
Unless something drastic changes this morning, it appears Stafford will be ruled out.
Matthew Staffford injury status for Week 9 game vs. Green Bay Packers
The Rams have officially listed Stafford (right thumb) as questionable for Week 9 against the Packers.
Best Los Angeles Rams prop bet for Week 9 game vs. Packers
Rams team total UNDER 17.5
There are too many questions for the Rams’ offense this week for me to back them to have a high-scoring game on Sunday.
Stafford’s injury is a massive concern, as he may not be able to throw the ball at 100 percent even if he does somehow play. Brett Rypien gives me very little confidence that this team would have a big game on offense, and Puka Nacua (knee) is also questionable.
The Rams have scored fewer than 18 points in three games already this season, and those all came with Stafford actually healthy enough to play. If he’s out, the Rams are a must fade.
No matter how you plan on betting on this game – or Stafford if he’s able to suit up – make sure to do so at DraftKings Sportsbook.
New users that sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets.
Matthew Stafford injury history
You may not find a lengthier injury history than Stafford’s, but he usually guts out a lot of his injuries to play.
- Oct. 2009: Knee Patella Dislocation – missed two games
- Nov. 2009: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed four games
- Dec. 2009: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed four games
- Sept. 2010: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – missed five games
- Nov. 2010: Shoulder A/C Joint Separation – reinjured, underwent surgery in offseason
- Oct. 2011: Hand Finger Fracture – played through injury
- Dec. 2016: Hand Finger Dislocation – didn’t miss time
- Nov. 2019: Back Tailbone Fracture – ended his season
- Nov. 2020: Hand Thumb Torn Ligament – played through injury
- Dec. 2020: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – did not miss time
- March 2022: Arm Elbow Infection
- Aug. 2022: Arm Elbow Sprain – returned for Week 1
- Nov. 2022: Concussion
When is Matthew Stafford coming back?
If Stafford can’t play in Week 9, his next chance to play would come in Week 11 since the Rams are on the bye in Week 10.
It’s possible that the team plays things safe with Stafford since it has the bye week next week.
Los Angeles Rams next 5 opponents
- Seattle Seahawks, Sunday Nov. 19
- Arizona Cardinals, Sunday Nov. 26
- Cleveland Browns, Sunday, Dec. 3
- Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Dec. 10
- Washington Commanders, Sunday, Dec. 17
Los Angeles Rams injury report
- Cobie Durant – questionable, shoulder
- Rob Havenstein, questionable, calf
- Ernest Jones – out, knee
- Hunter Long – out, hamstring
- Larrell Murchison – questionable, knee
- Puka Nacua – questionable, knee
- Matthew Stafford – questionable, right thumb
Green Bay Packers injury report
- Rudy Ford – questionable, calf
- Quay Walker – questionable, groin
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.