It was a tale of two seasons for the Los Angeles Rams and Seattle Seahawks in 2022. Things went about as well as they could have for the Seahawks while things went as bad as they could have for the Rams.
Luckily for Los Angeles fans, it's a new season and everyone's sitting at 0-0.
In this article, I'm going to break down the full betting preview for this game, including my best bet. If you want my best bet for the other 15 games, check out the Week 1 edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
Before you place your bets for Week 1, be sure to take advantage of this fantastic offer from FanDuel Sportsbook. For a limited time, you can earn $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket guaranteed. All you have to do is click the link below, sign up for an account, and bet $5 on any game.
Now, let's jump into this Week 1 NFC West showdown.
Rams vs. Seahawks odds, spread, and total
Rams vs. Seahawks betting trends
- Seahawks went 7-11 against the spread in 2022
- Rams went 6-9-2 against the spread in 2022
- The UNDER went 11-6 in Rams games last season
- The OVER went 9-9 in Seahawks games last season
- Rams are 5-0 ATS in their last five games against the Seahawks
- Rams are 0-7 straight up in their last seven road games
- Rams are 5-1 ATS in their last six Week 1 games
- Seattle finished last season on a 1-8 run against the spread
Rams vs. Seahawks injury reports
Los Angeles Rams injury report
- Cooper Kupp - WR - Questionable (hamstring)
- Rob Havenstein - OT - Questionable (neck)
- Derion Kendrick - CB - Questionable (hamstring)
Seattle Seahawks injury report
- Devon Witherspoon - CB - Questionable (hamstring)
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba - WR - Questionable (wrist)
- Jordyn Brooks - LB - Questionable (knee)
Rams vs. Seahawks how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 10
- Game Time: 4:25p.m. EST
- Venue: Lumen Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Los Angeles Rams Record: 0-0
- Seattle Seahawks Record: 0-0
Rams vs. Seahawks key players to watch
Los Angeles Rams
Van Jefferson: If Cooper Kupp isn't going to go, Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell are going to be the top two receivers in Week 1. That's going to crank up Jefferson's production against the Seahawks. He had a solid 2022 campaign and his numbers improved as the season went on. He's going to get an opportunity to thrive on Sunday.
Geno Smith: Smith won Comeback Player of the Year award in 2022, but now the question remains if he'll be able to build on that success in 2023. His play started to regress as the season went on, mainly due to him throwing turnovers. If Seattle wants to return to the playoffs, they'll need Smith to replicate last year's success.
Rams vs. Seahawks prediction and pick
I think these two teams are a lot closer in ability than people think. We can't over-value last year's results. A lot of things went right for the Seahawks and a million things went wrong for the Rams.
Now, Los Angeles is (mostly) healthy, and they're prepared to try to return to some resemblance of their Super Bowl glory. Matthew Stafford is healthy and I'd be more willing to bet on Geno Smith to regress than progress.
These odds aren't set right in my opinion. It should be much closer to a pick'em than what the current odds indicate. Therefore, you can keep your points. Give me the Rams to win this game out.
Los Angeles is my official upset pick of the week.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!