The Los Angeles Rams head out on the road for their first game of the 2017 campaing, as they visit the San Francisco 49ers in an NFC West matchup.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
- Championship Sunday shows me Rams need secondary help
- Can the LA Rams count on 17 games from QB Matthew Stafford?
- NFL salary cap skyrockets, but will it help LA Rams this offseason?
For Los Angeles, the Rams play a team who swept them in 2016. It’s also the first chance LA has at playing a team inside the NFC West. The 49ers lost in Seattle yesterday 12-9, in a remarkably close game that probably signals how close the division may be in 2017.
The Seahawks have not looked impressive on the offensive side of the ball yet this season. However Seattle, not unlike the Rams, have had the support of strong defensive play in the past, and this season is no exception.
Yet late in the game, the 49ers still had some chances.
Expect Los Angeles to have some chances against San Francisco also.
The Rams will look to extract a little revenge for getting blanked last season at Levi’s Stadium, and for a second loss late last December.
San Francisco will also be looking for their first win of the year, and looking to even up their record in the NFC West.
As for the Rams, LA hopes to rebound after a tough loss in the Coliseum to the Washington Redskins.