2. Josh Sweat
To help fill the void left by Vinny Curry last season after the defender joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in free agency, the Eagles used one of their draft picks in 2018 on Josh Sweat following an impressive career at Florida State.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- What is the most important key to LA Rams 2023 NFL season?
- LA Rams Bobby Wagner’s swag helped hold team together in 2023
- Rams Rumors: Who could LA Rams hire as their next DC?
- Raheem Morris met with Indianapolis Colts well into evening
- LA Rams beat the odds in their Matthew Stafford trade
Similar to the situation with Mailata, it’s still too early to determine what kind of future Sweat has with the Eagles since he only appeared in nine games as a rookie, and didn’t exactly make that much of an impact.
However, Sweat could struggle to see significant action during his sophomore campaign as well in Philadelphia now that Curry is back in the picture, and will most likely earn the backup role at defensive end behind Derek Barnett.
Even if the argument can be made that Sweat’s time will come since Curry is only on a one-year deal, the Eagles could benefit from possibly shopping the young defender now while the interest could still be there to possibly earn a draft pick in return.
Wade Phillips always loves a good defensive player to help develop, and since Sweat just recently turned 22 in March, this almost seems like it could be too good of a fit for both parties.