Los Angeles Rams fans who were looking forward to seeing their team build upon the momentum seemingly found in Oakland left the half empty Coliseum wondering. Wondering if what they saw a week ago is a mirage, or the real deal. Either way, few answers were had against the Chargers.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
Los Angeles Rams fans hoping to see a follow-up to a week ago in Oakland were likely disappointed by the “Battle For Los Angeles” that really wasn’t. On a night that had LA/LA on national television, the now fabled “dress rehearsal” never materialized into anything other than your garden variety exhibition football game.
For the Rams however, it was an opportunity lost. An opportunity to build on what many thought was a watershed moment for new head coach Sean McVay, his now second year quarterback Jared Goff, and an offense who looked to find a rhythm long since missing.
Instead, we saw a team who looked out of sync, sluggish and less than impressive on offense. If the third game of the exhibition season is supposed to be our best look at what fans will see come the regular season, be worried.