2. Kupp, Watkins live up to hype
Around this time last year, the Los Angeles Rams had Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt as their top two options to work with in the passing game. And while Austin is still part of the picture for now, the Rams’ offense has two new playmakers for Jared Goff to take advantage of in Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
In the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft, Los Angeles decided to go with Kupp after seeing the impressive numbers he put together during his time at Eastern Washington, and even though he has a long way to go, many believe he’s going to end up being a huge steal. After standing out in the preseason, Kupp wasted no time making an impact for the Rams in the regular season after finding the end zone in the second quarter while finishing the game with four catches for 76 yards.
Watkins on the other hand joined Los Angeles in the preseason following a trade with the Buffalo Bills, and his numbers (five catches for 58 yards) may seem average, but keep in mind he caught every pass thrown in his direction. Give Watkins a little more time, and it’s safe to say Goff is going to benefit from having the wideout along with Kupp to work with in the passing game.