4 reasons Los Angeles Rams, Dallas Cowboys will be best Divisional Round matchup
2. Game features top running backs in Gurley, Elliott
Between Gurley finishing second in the MVP voting last season behind Tom Brady to Elliott leading the league in rushing yards this year for the second time in three seasons, these two star running backs are going to be heavily involved in Saturday’s contest.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
While Elliott is coming off another strong outing against the Seahawks by continuing to prove he’s an absolute workhorse on offense, the Rams are hopeful that Gurley will pick up right where he left off after resting the last few weeks as a result of a minor knee injury suffered in Week 15.
Whether it’s on the ground or simply through the air, both Elliott and Gurley have proven to be dangerous threats each time they get the football in their hands. And with a trip to the NFC Championship on the line, one can only imagine what their production is going to be like Saturday night in front of a national audience.
If each of these two running backs happened to find the end zone multiple times throughout the game, this wouldn’t come as a surprise one bit. Because when it comes to playoff football, players tend to elevate their games to a whole new level, which will hopefully be the case for both Gurley and Elliott when their teams square off this weekend.