3 reasons Patriots running backs could give Rams trouble during Super Bowl 53
2. Michel has been a touchdown machine during playoffs
Back in the spring, New England took some heat from a few critics for using a first-round pick on Michel, mainly because they didn’t believe he was worthy of being selected on opening night.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
Turns out, the Patriots knew exactly what they were doing after watching the former Georgia star step up big as a rookie to show that Michel’s future in New England appears to be a bright one.
Plus, one of the best things about Michel as a running back is the fact that he’s proven to be an absolute workhorse when needed, and the AFC Championship game is the perfect example after watching the rookie record 29 carries.
Speaking of the playoffs, Michel has been on an absolute tear for the Patriots leading up to the Super Bowl with five rushing touchdowns over his last two games, three of which came in the first half alone in the Divisional Round in the win over the Los Angeles Chargers.
Against the Rams, the Patriots know one of the best approaches they can take is to feel Michel as much as possible to attempt wearing down that defense. And if this ends up working, don’t be surprised if New England puts Michel in position to add to his impressive touchdown total from the postseason during the most important game of his young NFL career.