1. Rock Ya-Sin
Leading up to the draft, Temple’s Rock Ya-Sin was watching his stock rise as a potential cornerback that could go in the first round. And even though this may have been frustrating for the cornerback to see, it most likely won’t be long before Ya-Sin is selected on Friday.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
Of course, if the interest were there for the Rams, there’s nothing they would love more than to see him slip to the No. 45 spot since he could be extremely valuable beyond the 2019 season.
While Talib is getting up there in age and could end up retiring sooner rather than later, Los Angeles still has to make the decision over whether Peters is worthy of a hefty new contract since he’s entering the final year of his deal.
In other words, the Rams need to be prepared in case one or both cornerbacks happen to be out of the picture in 2020. Even if Peters returned on a new deal, Los Angeles would still need a reliable No. 2 cornerback if Talib were out of the picture, making Ya-Sin even more worthy of consideration.