3. Taylor Rapp: Round 2
After making the decision to go without a first-round pick for a third year in a row, the Rams finally selected Taylor Rapp in the second round to help fill their need at the safety position.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- Is the LA Rams offensive line already better off than it was a year ago?
- What is the most important key to LA Rams 2023 NFL season?
- LA Rams Bobby Wagner’s swag helped hold team together in 2023
- Rams Rumors: Who could LA Rams hire as their next DC?
- Raheem Morris met with Indianapolis Colts well into evening
Back in the offseason, Los Angeles made the decision to move on from Lamarcus Joyner since his asking price seemed a little high. And while the Rams struck gold in free agency by convincing Eric Weddle to come on board, even they know this is only the short-term answer.
Since the Rams looked like they were even considering the possibility of getting Rapp with their original first-round pick, this worked out perfect for the NFC champions since they were able to gain extra picks in the process.
With Rapp on board, the plan for Los Angeles seems to have learn from Weddle as a rookie before one day working his way into the starting role on defense.
Potential is what Los Angeles was all about during the draft, and while some questioned the decision when looking at some of the other players at the position available, the Rams never would have gone with Rapp this early if they didn’t feel confident in him being the answer.