3. Samson Ebukam
Based off his production from the previous two seasons, the Rams are smart enough to realize that it could be only a matter of time before Samson Ebukam is looking for a new deal, especially since the team is getting him an absolute steal through 2020.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
Chances are, Los Angeles wouldn’t prefer to trade a player like Ebukam since he seems to be only scratching the surface of his true potential, but also if it helped the defense land Clowney, they may not have any other choice.
Going back to the draft in 2017, Ebukam turned out to be one of a few steals in the middle rounds by the Rams, and watching him start 14 of 16 games in 2018 shows how valuable he’s become on the defensive side of the football.
Of course, just like every other player in the NFL, there’s always room for improvement, and Los Angeles would certainly love to see the linebacker work on a few key areas.
In comparison, Ebukam is nowhere near the same level as Clowney, but if the Texans were looking to fill a potential void on defense as a result of a trade, this seems like it could work for both parties.