3. Goff, McVay will be together for long run as well
Earlier in the summer, the Rams made another easy decision to reward both McVay and Les Snead to keep the two around in Los Angeles through the 2023 season.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
Based off their success from the previous two seasons, one can only imagine how great the next couple of years are going to be for the Rams since the argument can be made that no one expected the kind of success from the last two years.
Originally when McVay was hired back in 2017, the plan in Los Angeles seemed to be a year or two would be needed for the team to adjust to their new head coach, which clearly wasn’t the case at all since the Rams have won back-to-back NFC West titles.
One of the main reasons behind the decision to hire McVay was due to his previous success of developing quarterbacks, and the potential to help bring out the best in Goff after the team heavily invested in the quarterback during the draft in 2016.
As exciting as the news was surrounding Goff’s extension, it’s even more exciting to take into consideration how he’s going to continue working with McVay for years to come to help keep the Rams serious contenders in the NFC.