2. Henderson, Brown combine for 150+ rushing yards
Since Todd Gurley‘s status for Sunday’s game appears to be up in the air, there’s a good chance that Rams fans will get to see a heavy dose of Darrell Henderson and Malcolm Brown during Sunday’s game against the 49ers.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- NFL Trade Rumors: Would Rams trade for Jonathon Taylor?
- Look for 49ers players to follow DeMeco Ryans to Texans
- Ryans to the Texans, will Rams Raheem Morris be next?
- Broncos mimic LA Rams, go All-In pairing Payton with Russell
- Need a new Los Angeles Rams hat for less than $10?
After Los Angeles made it clear early on in the offseason that Gurley would receive a lighter workload in 2019 to avoid making his knee worse, Henderson and Brown were expected to play major roles on offense for the Rams.
Instead, McVay has struggled to find a solid balance for Los Angeles on offense, and it’s been frustrating at times to watch the head coach fail to use either of these running backs as much as they should.
But if Gurley were to end up sitting, McVay would have no other choice but to use a combination of Henderson and Brown since Jared Goff is already dealing with enough pressure after throwing 117 passes over the previous two games.
While Brown has proven on numerous occasions to be reliable in the backfield, Los Angeles added Henderson into the mix back in April with the hope of his different running style giving the Rams an extra advantage against opponents.
Assuming Gurley ends up sitting, Henderson and Brown could finally see the necessary action to show just how effective this duo can be when provided the opportunity for Los Angeles.