As 2023 draws to a close, the LA Rams have certainly taken heed to the old adage of ending on a high note. Football is certainly a game of inches, but the LA Rams have taken huge strides forward in one NFL season. This was a year in which young players were added to the team in huge numbers. But rather than struggle, the team has found new energy, passion, and production from the Rams roster.
So far, the LA Rams have competed in four games in the month of December 2023, and are about to finish off the month with a fifth game. Over the span of four games in the month, the LA Rams offense has scored 125 points (31.25 points per game average) while the defense has allowed 98 points (24.5 points per game average)
Individual players stepped up in a huge way for the month as well. While it's too easy and tempting to point to the Rams offense for star-studded performance, let's not gloss over the work on the defensive side of the football as well. The Rams are winning due to a team effort, and not thanks to the heroics of a handful of players.
So who has stepped up on the Rams roster this month? We know that RB Kyren Williams has been delivering like an elite rusher so far. Not to be outdone, we know that rookie WR Puka Nacua has brought passionate productivity to the passing game. But this is a matter of so many players helping out. So why not let the LA Rams start the accolades and praise:
But there are far more heroes on the Rams roster to tout:
- Rookie NT Kobie Turner had 2.5 quarterback sacks, two tackles for a loss, 10 tackles, and six quarterback hits for the month
- Rookie OLB Byron Young has 1.0 quarterback sacks, two tackles for a loss, 11 tackles, and one quarterback hit for the month
- ILB Ernest Jones has 3.0 quarterback sacks, four tackles for a loss, 29 tackles, and three quarterback hits for the month
- DB Ahkello Witherspoon has one interception, four passes deflected, and 13 tackles
- WR Demarcus Robinson has hauled in 15 out of 24 targets for 227 yards and four touchdowns for the month. He even added one run for 23 yards.
- Rookie TE Davis Allen even got into the act, catching five of six passes thrown his way for 64 yards and a touchdown.
The Rams are winning because everyone on the team is contributing in some fashion to the victory. With the stakes and the pressure building with each week, this team has to continue to work together for the win. It's too much for one or only a few players to handle.
The LA Rams are still in hot pursuit of a spot in the NFL Playoffs. Right now, the Rams are playing well enough to defeat any opponent, anywhere. But the Rams will need to do exactly that in Week 17, as the team travels to face the New York Giants. If the Rams win in Week 17, they will ensure themselves of another winning season, with four of the nine wins happening in the month of December 2023.
This has truly been a December to remember.